Recipe by mandabears
Terrific easy, more economical version of almond paste. Can be used in any recipe that calls for almond paste. Cook time is processing time.
Directions See How It's Made
- place almonds in food processor.
- with metal blade beat for 4-6 minutes, scraping bowl several times until almonds look like wet beach sand.
- Add sugar and process for 1 minute or until well incorporated.
- Add egg and process again.
- Mixture will ball together and become pasty and appear buttery.
- Cover with plastic wrap so it will not dry out.
- Refrigerate to store but return to room temperature before using.