Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Terrific easy, more economical version of almond paste. Can be used in any recipe that calls for almond paste. Cook time is processing time.
- place almonds in food processor.
- with metal blade beat for 4-6 minutes, scraping bowl several times until almonds look like wet beach sand.
- Add sugar and process for 1 minute or until well incorporated.
- Add egg and process again.
- Mixture will ball together and become pasty and appear buttery.
- Cover with plastic wrap so it will not dry out.
- Refrigerate to store but return to room temperature before using.