Recipe by MissFit13
Detox with this vegan take on a comfort food classic from Dr. Alejandro Junger!
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
I have several pounds of ground almonds to use up, so I thought I'd give this a try. It just doesn't become a pancake easily, but it IS good to just scoop up after it's been cooked and put some honey or jelly on it. The next batch, I may even stir it in some plain yogurt.
- 1 cup almond meal or 1 cup flour
- 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal or 1 egg, if you are not cleansing
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a cast iron pan or griddle over high heat with a teaspoon or two of coconut oil until it’s melted.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until you have a runny pancake batter. You may need to adjust, adding more of the non-dairy milk to make it the right consistency. You don’t want it to be too stiff.
- Reduce heat to medium low and scoop roughly 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter onto the hot surface.
- When bubbles are covering the top of the batter, flip and cook the other side. Keep in a slightly warm oven or stack on a dishtowel or plate. Serve warm with blueberry jam, coconut nectar or coconut or almond butter and fresh fruit. Or sauteed vegetables for a savory dish. Endless possibilities, including leftovers the next day.