Recipe by grandma2969
Top Review by ***chef katie***
Way to salty! And reduced the amount in the recipe according to the first reviewer. My DH wouldn't even eat them, and my kids only ate a little, we are talking about not very picky people here. :( I think with some adjustments they'll be good...
- 3 cups non-fat powdered milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup finely ground almonds
- 2⁄3 cup baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, stir all ingredients together till well blended.Store in a reseable bag.
- Yield 7 1/2 cups pancake mix.enough for 3 batches of pancakes.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALMOND PANCAKES:.
- 2 1/2 cups pancake mix.
- 1 1/4 cup water.
- 1 large egg.
- 2 tbls vegetable oil.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir just till moistened.
- Heat a greased griddle over medium heat.
- For each panccake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.and cook till top if full of bubbles and underside is golden.
- Turn and cook other side till golden brown.
- Regrease griddle as necessary.
- Yield 12 5" pancakes.per recipe.and total of 7 1/2 cups pancake mix -- .