Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a foolproof side dish that is great served with lentils, stew, lamb or beef. Source: Cuisine at Home.
- 3⁄4 cup couscous
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil, stir in the couscous and butter; cover, turn off heat and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, fluff couscous with a fork, stir in the almonds, cilantro, orange zest and salt.
A wonderfullyu slightly sweet couscous which coupled nicely with Martha's Spicy Sweet Chicken Wings which were spicy, the only change I made was to use parsley for the cilantro/coriander as we don't really care for it. Thank you PaulaG, made for Aussie/Kiwi recipe Swap #70 November 2012.
Perfect! Wouldn't change a thing. A very tasty side to fish.
This is so yummy. Great taste of orange with the almonds. I omitted the salt and cilantro. Thanks Paula :) Made for 123 hit wonders