1/2 Photos of Almond Orange Cookies
Crafty Lady 13's Note:
These delicate cookies are made with ground almonds, orange zest and orange juice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenhet.
- 2Whisk the shortening in a large bowl until light and aerated. Use an electric mixer if possible.
- 3Gradually beat in the granulated sugar.
- 4Grate the rind of the orange onto a plate and squeeze juice into a cup. Be careful to remove any seeds from the juice.
- 5Whisk the eggs, orange rind and orange juice into the shortening mixture and continue for 3 to minutes after combined.
- 6Sift flour together with baking powder in a separate bowl.
- 7Stir the flour mixture and almonds into the shortening mixture until it forms a dough.
- 8Lightly flour a flat surface and roll out the dough until it's about 1/2-inch thick.
- 9Use a round cookie cutter to cut out 36 round cookies and place them on baking sheets.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F until golden.
- 11Remove from oven and allow to cool and firm on baking sheets for about 10 minutes.
- 12Mix confectioner's sugar with cinnamon and sift this mixture evenly over the baked cookies as they cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Orange Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 2.3 g