Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
a nice tasting dessert, that is great for company. Cooking time also includes chilling time.
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
FOR THE GARNISH
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- orange rind twists (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9-inch springfoam pan with cooking spray.
- In a blender, place the 1 cup of slivered almonds, cover and process till almonds are finely ground.
- In a large bowl, beat almonds, and remaining cake ingredients except for marmalade with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, then pour batter into pan.
- Bake 45-55 minutes or til top is evenly dark golden brown and cake springs back wheh touched lightly in center.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove side of pan, and spread marmalade over top of cake.
- Cool for 1 hour.
- In chilled small bowl, beat whipping cream, an 2 tablespoons sugar on high speed until soft peak forms.
- Spoon whipped cream around edge of cake, and sprinkle 1/3 cup almonds over whipped cream.
- Refrigerate, and garnish with orange twist.
wow loved this cake used frozen oj and almond flour i dont know that you need to bake cake 45 minutes maybe turn down to 325 my ovens hinkey though so you cant judge by me will be making this cake again