Prep 11 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe is posted by request. It's from the book:Natural Beauty At Home by Janice Cox.
- 1⁄8 teaspoon borax
- 1⁄4 cup distilled water
- 1⁄2 cup almond oil
- 1 tablespoon grated beeswax
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Dissolve the borax in the water in a glass measuring cup.
- Set aside.
- Mix together the oil and beeswax in another glass measuring cup.
- Place the glass cup in a pan of water (about 1-2 inches of water), making a water bath.
- Heat the oil-beeswax mixture in the water bath over medium heat until the beeswax is melted, stirring occasionally.
- This takes 10 minutes.
- When the wax is melted, bring the borax-water mixture almost to a boil.
- This can be done by putting the glass cup in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- It can also be heated on the stove top in a water bath.
- Remove the oil-beeswax mixture from the water bath.
- Slowly add the borax-water mixture to it, stirring briskly.
- You can also put the mixture in a blender and whip.
- Allow the lotion to cool completely.
- Stir the almond extract into the cooled lotion if you would like more of an almond scent.
- This lotion will thicken as it cools.
- Pour the lotion into a clean container with a lid.
- To use: Massage a small amount into your skin.