Prep 50 mins
Cook 55 mins
Only two ingredients! A recipe from Wolfgang Puck. He mixes the chunks into his honey ice cream (a recipe that can be found on foodnetwork.com).
- Brush a small baking sheet with vegetable oil and set aside.
- In a medium-size, heavy saucepan, cook the sugar over high heat until it turns a caramel color.
- Stir in the almonds and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Pour out onto the prepared pan in a very thin layer and let harden; Cool.
- When completely set, scrape the nougatine onto a chopping board with a heavy spatula.
- Cut or chop into small bits.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use.