My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 4 ingredients in heavy saucepan.
- 2Cook, stirring, until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Cook,without stirring, until a small amount of the mixture dropped in cold water forms a hard ball (250-f).
- 4Beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry, in large bowl of electric mixer.
- 5Gradually beat in about one fourth (not more) of the syrup and continue beating until mixture holds its shape.
- 6Cook remaining syrup until a small amount of mixture separates into hard and brittle threads when dropped in cold water (300-f) gradually beat into first mixture, and continue beating until the mixture begins to hold its shape.
- 7Add flavoring and food coloring to tint a delicate shade.
- 8Beat in butter; continue beating until very thick and satiny.
- 9Stir in nuts and cherries.
- 10Press into a buttered 8x8x2" pan, smoothing top.
- 11Let stand until firm.
- 12Turn out of pan, and cut in 1 1/2" by 1" pieces.
- 13Wrap each piece individually in waxed paper.
- 14For best flavor, store several days in a cool place before serving.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Nougat
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.5
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: