Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Melissa Perello, executive chef at Fifth Floor Restaurant in San Francisco.
Make and share this Almond Muffins With Gooey Fig Center recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 350°F Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl.
- Puree figs in a food processor until smooth and scrape into a small saucepan. Place over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, until puree gently boils, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let cool, then refrigerate.
- Whisk egg, honey, milk and oil in a bowl. Incorporate into flour mixture and blend on low with a hand mixer.
- Line a muffin tin with paper cups; fill each halfway with batter. Add 1 tbsp fig puree to center of each cup, then cover with a small spoonful of batter. Sprinkle almonds on top.
- Bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
I've never done much with figs so this was an interesting experience! I followed the ingredient list & directions, & the muffins that resulted were GREAT! Most definitely keeping this recipe around! [Made & reviewed while in Greece on Zaar's World Tour 4]