Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
It melts in your mouth!Mmmmm...
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄4 cups strong coffee
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto or 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- powdered sugar
- Heat oben to 325*F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt or 10-inch tube pan.
- Gently press almonds in bottom and half way up sides of greased pan.
- In medium sauve pand over low heat, warm coffe.
- Add margarine and chocolate chips; cook until mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar and amaretto.
- Place in large bowl; cool 5 minutes.
- At low speed, gradually blend flour and baking soda into chocolate mixture until moistened.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat at meduim speed about 30 seconds or just until well blended.
- Pour into greased and nut-lined pan.
- Bake at 3258F for 60 to 75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool upright in pan 25 minutes; invert onto seving plate.
- Cool completely; sprinkle with powered sugar.
Very nice recipe, I recommend this to all of my friends. This cake wasn't hard to make at all. I wouldn't change a thing on this recipe.