Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The eggs being at room temperature are the key to making this wonderful.
Make and share this Almond Mini Cakes With Mixed Berry Topping recipe from Food.com.
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 118.29 ml agave syrup
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml almond flour or 473.18 ml almond meal
- 473.18 ml frozen mixed berries
- 29.58 ml agave syrup
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray one mini muffin pan with a light coating of cooking oil spray. You can also use individual ramekin baking cups, but the yield will be less.
- In a large bowl, combine the 4 egg yolks, agave syrup, vanilla, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until the ingredients are well blended.
- Add the almond flour or meal and beat on low speed until combined, about 2 minutes.
- Place the 4 egg whites in a large, clean bowl. Use either a handheld mixer with clean beaters or the whisk attachment on a stand mixer and beat the whites on medium speed until opaque, doubled in volume with soft peaks.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the batter until just combined. Scrape the batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating halfway through, until the edges are light brown and a dime-sized soft center remains, 18 to 20 minutes. If using larger baking cups, you’ll need to increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely, at least 15 minutes.
- To make the berry topping, combine all the ingredients in a large microwaveable bowl and toss until combined. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again until slightly thickened and steaming, about 2 1/2; minutes more.
- Unmold the cakes. To serve, spoon 1 tablespoon of the warm berry topping on each cake. Extra cakes may be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 7 days.