Recipe by abigailmericle
I'm lactose intolerant and almond milk has become my favorite dairy alternative. When coming up with a way to use my almond cheese, I based my recipe off of a lite mac & cheese recipe and this may be even lighter on calories! I like to mix ketsup in before eating for extra flavor though. Its good heated in the microwave the next day too.
- 1 cup almond milk (I use Silk brand)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lactose-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese (shreaded) or 3 ounces vegan mozzarella cheese (shreaded)
- 3 ounces vegetarian cheddar cheese (shreaded)
- 6 -8 ounces rotini pasta (Cooked, drained and kept warm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margrine in 2 quart sausepan over medium heat.
- Mix in in flour
- Stir in 1 cup almond milk
- Heat to bubbling.
- Slowly mix in cheeses, stiring and heating until fully melted and bubbling again.
- Heat oven to 350
- Add spiral pasta to 1-2 quart cassarole dish
- Pour and mix cheese sause into pasta compleatly.
- Heat through in oven 5-10 minutes.