Recipe by Poutine
This is such an easy recipe to make. A modified version of the original recipe (I buy premade tart shells instead of making them)from an old five roses flour cookbook.
Top Review by BonnieZ
I had purchased phyllo tarts shells on a whim and they were in my freezer forever, so I decided to use this recipe to use them up. It was very simple to throw together, and the tartlets a nice ending to our meal. I did cut back on the amount of sugar, as my jam was very sweet and used egg substitute with success. Thank you Poutine for sharing the recipe.
- 18 prepared tart shells (or your favourite pastry recipe)
- 9 teaspoons jam (your favourite, I like strawberry) or 9 teaspoons jelly (your favourite, I like strawberry)
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄3 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1/2 teaspoon jam or jelly in each tart shell and bake in hot oven at 450 until shells are half-bake about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Combine ground almonds and icing sugar. add almond flavouring to egg and beat well. Worl beaten egg into sugar mixture.
- Place a tablespoon of filling into each tart shell.
- Bake at 350 for 7 to 10 minutes or until delicately browned.