Recipe by Lainey6605
These little gems will melt in your mouth! Recipe is from Family Circle. The dough must refrigerate for 2 hours (not included in prep time).
Top Review by Annie Dangerous
These just weren't very good in my opinion. The almond extract adds too "fake" a flavor. I've tried other almond crescent recipes that relied on just almonds for the flavor and they seemed to have a much better and more natural taste.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond, finely ground
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together butter and 1/2 cup of the confectioners' sugar in bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in almond extract.
- On low speed, beat in flour and nuts.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate until firm, 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Pinch off pieces of dough in heaping teaspoonfuls.
- Roll into logs and taper ends; bending into crescents.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake in 325 degree oven for 16 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Remove cookies to wire rack. While warm, dust with a generous layer of remaining confectioners' sugar.
- Cool completely then sprinkle again with any remaining confectioners' sugar.