Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from "The Body Bible" by Pamela Allardice. I use it often and it is really cheap and works well even on very sensitive skin (like mine). I buy my kaolin clay from a ceramics supply shop and it is very cheap...I think the last time I bought it i paid about $3.50 for 5kg (about 11 lbs). I sometimes add thyme to the parsley, this is good for loosening blackheads. Make sure you use course ground almond meal, the last meal I bought was fine and it doesn't work anywhere near as well as the course stuff.
- 4 -5 tablespoons parsley, infusion
- 2 tablespoons course ground almond meal
- 2 tablespoons kaolin clay (or Fullers Earth ?)
- Roughly chop the parsley and put into a non-aluminium saucepan.
- Add about 150ml of water, simmer over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- I usually just chop the parsley, place in a cup and pour over boiling water, leave to steep for about 10 minutes.
- Measure into almond/clay mix until required consistency is met.
- Too dry and it will be hard to scrub with, too wet and it will run everywhere.
- Cleanse with your favorite cleanser then apply scrub in a circular motion.
- Any excess I use on the backs of my hands.
- Sometimes I even scrub around the back of my neck too especially in summer after being at the beach.
- Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
This is wonderful! I used dried parsely as I was unable to get fresh parsley anywhere in my little city. The parsley smelt wonderful while simmering on medium flame for 10 minutes. For the almond meal, I coarse ground blanched and chopped almonds in my grinder until I had 2 tbsps. of the same. I was lucky to get Fullers' Earth at my store y'day. For those who would like to know, Fullers' Earth is also known as Multani Mitti(in Hindi). It's other English names are: Bole Rubra/ Armenian Bole and Pitcher's mud. Just thought I should share that in case anyone might want to try this recipe and gets stuck because of the inability to find Fuller's Earth. After using this, when I washed off my hands and face, my skin felt very soft, smooth and clean. Fuller's Earth is a wonderful thing to use. It also enhances the skin's natural glow and improves blood circulation. Thanks so much for sharing a wonderful scrub!