Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Vegan Sourcebook by Joanne Stepaniak. The recipe says, "This spread offers a very rich and creamy alternative to commercial mayonnaise. It's also great for soy-sensitive children and adults as most prepared mayonnase substitutes are tofu based." This recipe is untried by me so far.
- 1⁄4 cup blanched almond
- 1⁄4 cup water or 1⁄4 cup plain non-dairy milk substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed oil (or additional olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Grind the almonds in a blender.
- Add the water, nutritional yeast flakes, salt and garlic powder and process until fairly smooth.
- With the blender on low, add the olive oil and flaxseed oil in a slow, steady stream.
- Stop and start as needed in order to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- Add the lemon juice and vinegar and process until thick and creamy.
- Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. It will keep 10 to 14 days.