From the Vegan Sourcebook by Joanne Stepaniak. The recipe says, "This spread offers a very rich and creamy alternative to commercial mayonnaise. It's also great for soy-sensitive children and adults as most prepared mayonnase substitutes are tofu based." This recipe is untried by me so far.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup blanched almond
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup plain non-dairy milk substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic flax seed oil (or additional olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1Grind the almonds in a blender.
- 2Add the water, nutritional yeast flakes, salt and garlic powder and process until fairly smooth.
- 3With the blender on low, add the olive oil and flaxseed oil in a slow, steady stream.
- 4Stop and start as needed in order to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- 5Add the lemon juice and vinegar and process until thick and creamy.
- 6Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. It will keep 10 to 14 days.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.7
- Calories from Fat 264
- Total Fat 29.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g