Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty salad that I found online. Great for warm weather. Crumbled bacon, green onions, and of course, mandarin oranges!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooled and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until evenly browned. Drain, cool and crumble.
- To make the dressing, thoroughly blend the vinegar, honey,dry mustard, celery salt, paprika, and olive oil.
- Place lettuce, oranges, green onion, bacon, and almonds in a serving bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.
It doesn't get much better than this. We loved the combination of ingredients and texture. Very elegant and this salad will certainly impress your guests. Thanks so much for sharing it, Fluffster.....it's a WINNER!!!
For eating outloud, I love a recipe with a conscience prodding me towards healthy eating because I sure don't.