Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is a tasty salad that I found online. Great for warm weather. Crumbled bacon, green onions, and of course, mandarin oranges!
Top Review by Merlot
It doesn't get much better than this. We loved the combination of ingredients and texture. Very elegant and this salad will certainly impress your guests. Thanks so much for sharing it, Fluffster.....it's a WINNER!!!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooled and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until evenly browned. Drain, cool and crumble.
- To make the dressing, thoroughly blend the vinegar, honey,dry mustard, celery salt, paprika, and olive oil.
- Place lettuce, oranges, green onion, bacon, and almonds in a serving bowl. Toss with dressing and serve.