1/2 Photos of Almond Macaroons (Makroul El Louse)
1 hr 50 mins
Posted for the Zaar World Tour 2006-Algeria. From the "Best of International Cooking" cookbook. I haven't tried this recipe yet, but they sound delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a large bowl, combine almonds, 1-1/4 cup of the granulated sugar and lemon peel. Beat in eggs.
- 2Divide almond mixture in half. Dust your hands with flour. With floured hands, shape each half of almond mixture into a roll, 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Cut each roll into 18 slices. With floured hands, shape each slice into a ball; sprinkle with flour.
- 3Place balls on an ungreased baking sheet; bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on a rack.
- 4In a small saucepan, combine remaining 1/8 cup granulated sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil until syrup forms, 15 to 20 minutes; do NOT let syrup brown. Pour syrup into a shallow bowl. Cool, then stir in orange juice or liqueur. Dip baked macaroons into syrup, then roll in powdered sugar; set aside to dry.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Macaroons (Makroul El Louse)
Serving Size: 1 (1367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.7
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g