Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Alice Medrich, baking Goddess...
Make and share this Almond Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- 198.44 g blanched almonds or 198.44 g whole almonds or 198.44 g slivered almonds
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 7.39 ml almond extract
- 3-4 large egg whites
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the almonds and sugar.
- Process until the almonds are very fine and the mixture is beginning to pack together around the sides of the bowl, at least 3 minutes.
- Add the almond extract.
- With the processor on, gradually add only enough of the egg white to form a ball of dough around the blade.
- With the processor still running, add only enough of the additional egg white so that the dough has the consistency of very thick, sticky mashed potatoes and no longer forms a ball.
- Form the cookies by either piping them or dropping them by spoonfuls onto parchment lined sheet pans.
- Use a finger or pastry brush dipped in water to smooth the tops, then allow to rest at room temp for 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Position the racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies barely begin to color.
- Rotate the pans from front to back and top to bottom about halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking.
- Slide the parchment onto racks and cool the cookies completely before detaching them from the parchment.