Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted on request for a wheat/gluten free cookie recipe.
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 cups blanched almonds, finely ground (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually beat in sugar and almond extract until stiff, shiny peaks form.
- Combine almonds and potato starch and stir into egg white and sugar mixture.
- Grease baking sheet and lightly dust it with potato starch.
- Form small mounds two-inches apart on baking sheet by piping through large star tip or drop by tablespoons.
- Bake at 350 degrees 18 to 20 minutes, until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool on racks.
- Store in an airtight container.