Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1⁄2 lb almond paste
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched almonds
- Cover cookie sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil, shiny side up.
- Soften almond paste with your hands or a food processor.
- In large mixing bowl, blend almond paste and sugar.
- Separate eggs and add whites to mixture.
- Mix in confectioner's sugar, flour and salt.
- Stir well.
- Force dough through a cookie press or drop by teaspoonfulls onto cookie sheets.
- Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 deg.F.
- Sprinkle cookies with almonds and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove parchment or foil from cookie sheets and let cool.
- Peel off macaroons.
These are fabulous! I've been eating the macaroons at fancy restaurants for years, but was unable to duplicate them until this.