Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Macaroon cookies in many different flavours can be found in many bakeries in many European countries including Germany and Switzerland. This recipe was found in Oetker Baking is Fun
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease a baking sheet, line with waxed paper and grease again.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, beating until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Mix together the almonds and cinnamon.
- Gently fold into the egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large, round icing tube.
- Pipe small amounts onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until dry.
- Store in airtight container to mellow for about 1 week before serving.