Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Macaroon cookies in many different flavours can be found in many bakeries in many European countries including Germany and Switzerland. This recipe was found in Oetker Baking is Fun
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Grease a baking sheet, line with waxed paper and grease again.
- Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Gradually add the icing sugar, beating until the mixture forms stiff peaks.
- Mix together the almonds and cinnamon.
- Gently fold into the egg mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a decorating bag fitted with a large, round icing tube.
- Pipe small amounts onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until dry.
- Store in airtight container to mellow for about 1 week before serving.
Very airy cookie and totally delicious! These were much easier to make than expected and the cinnamon flavor stellar! Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT7.
I love these cookies, I doubled all ingredients, mine took just short of 20 minutes to bake in my convection oven, great recipe thanks for posting Dreamer!
*Reviewed during ZWT4* These were very easy to make and my daughters had fun making them for the Now We're really cooking! Challenge posted in the Kids Cooking Forum. Photo also being posted