Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my good friend, Dawn, over 25 years ago. While the cookies are good themselves, I use them to make her recipe for English Trifle, English Trifle.
- 1 cup almond paste
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- granulated sugar
- Chop almond paste into small pieces, add confectioner's sugar and mix with your fingers until well blended.
- Add egg whites, one at a time, blending well with each addition.
- Add pinch of salt and vanilla and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop dough by teaspoonful onto the paper;sprinkle each cookie with a little granulated sugar.
- Cook in a preheated 300 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and place parchment paper on a damp towel until cookies can be "unstuck".
- Cool on a rack until completely cool.