Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice change from Coconut Macaroons. You can use these macaroons to make Danish Apple Cake
- 3⁄4 cup almonds, blanched,blended,ground until they are mealy (very fine)
- 3 egg whites, unbeaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a saucepan combine the finely ground almonds with the unbeaten egg whites& the sugar, cook the mixture stirring constantly, over moderate heat, until the batter is thick enough to hold a path when spoon is drawn through it.
- Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract.
- Drop the batter from a teasp onto a buttered, lightly floured cookie sheet.
- Bake macaroons in a slow oven (300f) for about 20 minutes or until they are golden.
- Transfer them immediately to a wire rack.