Recipe by C. Taylor
This is a simple recipe that produces results everyone will rave about. Easy enough to whip up for unexpected company. I also just made this with lemon zest, lemon juice and a bit of ginger, subtracting the almond extract, and everyone loved it. I'll post that recipe seperately.
Top Review by Keolani
This was definatly easy and I always have all the ingredients on hand. I made it for the family just because and they thought it was pretty good. I only give it 4 stars because here it is 24 hours later and we still have all the leftovers so this was not a treat that we couldn't get enough of.
- 2 eggs
- 12 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar, extract and eggs till everything is well blended.
- Mix in flour till well incorporated.
- Pour into a non-stick 8" x 10" pan that has been sprayed with a non stick spray.
- Sprinkle top with almonds.
- Bake till golden brown, approximately 30-40 minute.