Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
Much cheaper than buying the real thing, and tastes just like it.
Make and share this Almond Liqueur ( Amaretto) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 finely grated lemons, rind of
- 1 quart vodka (a good brand)
- 3 tablespoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionaly; cool completely. Stir in remaining ingredients; store in airtight containers( I use empty liquor bottles).