Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
Yum - a deliciously scented lip gloss that is not only fast and easy to make, but really nourishes dry lips. A favorite with women of all ages!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Gosh, I am in love with this recipe. I could give you a sky of stars for posting such an amazing, easy and foolproof recipe! I made this, thanks to Chef Yogi, who is so sweet to have sent me beeswax from across the miles. I used regular cooking oil(because I couldn't find sweet almond oil), beeswax, pure orange honey and 11 drops of almond essence(instead of almond extract). I really got to "learn" something new today with this recipe and I am so pleased and thankful to you for posting this. My Grannie who is sick and dying will be receiving this as a gift from me tomorrow(if my dad goes to India). She has dry lips and she could do well with this. I used this on my own lips and oh my, they feel great! Also, I used this on the dry and slightly cracked soles of my feet and I can't describe enough how soft, silky and smooth they feel now. Apply this, wear socks and go to sleep. When you wake up, you'll feel you have new feet! This is an amazing recipe. I would highly recommend this to everyone. You've done great by sharing this here!! THANK YOU IN OCEAN FULLS'!!! Just one correction - in the last step, i.e. step no. 3, it is mentioned to "pour" the mixture into your container...kindly change the word "pour" to "spoon" because when the mixture cools, it solidifies into a wax-like form and then, it's not pourable, but gotto be transferred to a container with a spoon;) :)
- 2 teaspoons grated beeswax
- 7 teaspoons sweet almond oil (can sub canola or other oil, but almond is the best if you can find it)
- 1 teaspoon pure honey
- 5 -10 drops almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the oil and beeswax together in a small pan over low heat until the beeswax is melted.
- Take off the stove and then add in your honey and whisk it all together.
- When the mixture is nearly cool add the almond extract, stir and then spoon into your container.