Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These cookies are so easy and beautful to make. They don't have any wheat flour in them which is great for people that can't or don't want to eat it. Instead of the wheatgerm ( I added it because it's high in Vitamin E) you can use oat flour and process it the same. They are really crunchy (I like that) but if you want them to be a bit softer then use 1/3 cup of oil or maybe try adding an extra egg white. I also like to process the dry ingredients until they are very fine and that gives the cookies a finer texture.
- 1 2⁄3 cups almond meal
- 1⁄3 cup linseed sunflower seeds and almond mix
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ or 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 17 glace cherries (optional)
- Heat oven to 170degrees celsius and put some baking paper on a tray or two.
- whisk the egg whites until they are very soft peaks.
- put all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour in coconut oil (make sure it is soft) and the remaining ingredients except for the cherries and mix very well.
- Wet your hands and roll the mix into walnut sized balls and place on tray.
- Press down with a fork. If it sticks to the fork then fill a cup with water and dip the fork in the water between balls.
- Lightly press a cherry into each cookie. You can cut them in half.
- Bake for about 20 mins or until the bottom is browning.