Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tasty lemon tart made slightly more interesting with the use of almonds. From Claire Macdonald's simply seasonal
- 4 ounces butter, diced cold from the fridge
- 5 ounces plain flour
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 5 drops almond extract
- 6 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5 fluid ounces double cream
- 4 drops almond extract
- 2 lemons, juice of, and zest finely grated
- Put pastry ingredients into food processor.
- blend until looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Pat firmly around sides and base of a flan dish 9 in diameter.
- put into fridge for 1 hour.
- preheat oven to 360F and bake case for 15 - 20 minutes until pale golden.
- take out but leave the oven on.
- put toasted almonds and sugar into food processor and whiz.
- add eggs one by one, then cream, almond extract lemon zest then, lastly, the lemon juice.
- pour into baked shell and smooth the top.
- put into oven and bake until set, about 15 mins.
- serve warm with creme fraiche or whip cream.
this was a lovely tasty tart. i did need to add some extra ground almonds and to cook it for 35 minutes before it was set, and i think i would add some extra lemon juice or use larger lemons next time, for a bit more lemon flavor. this sliced nicely and i served it with a scoop of ice cream. wonderful with tea the next day too.