Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty little cookie I found in Rachael Ray's Magazine.
Make and share this Almond Lemon Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Using a food processor, finely grind 1 cup almonds with 1 tablespoon sugar. In a large bowl, beat the remaining sugar, the oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until a soft paste forms.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy and thick. Add this to the lemon-sugar mixture and beat for 20 seconds.
- Fold in flour, cardamom, and ground almond mixture until smooth.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter onto the cookie sheets, leaving about 2 inches space between each. Top each with an almond.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes. Using a spatula, immediately transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.