1/2 Photos of Almond Lemon Cake With Lemon Mascarpone Frosting
from "17 and baking" - http://17andbaking.com/2010/03/19/17-and-baking-turns-one/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml almond meal (make your own by grinding almonds to a fine powder)
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 78.07 ml cups sugar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pure vanilla extract
- 0.59 ml almond extract
- 2.46 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F Butter a 9-inch round pan, line it with a circle of buttered parchment paper and then flour the pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar at medium-high speed for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Mix in the extracts and lemon zest, then beat in the egg. Working on low speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 the buttermilk mixture, then another 1/3 of the flour, the last of the buttermilk, then the last of the flour. Mix until just combined.
- 4Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then finish cooling on a rack. Cool to room temperature before frosting. If frosting the cake with mascarpone frosting, store the cake in the refrigerator.
- 6Beat cheese and cream together until smooth and creamy and slight peaks begin to form.
- 7Sift in the powdered sugar and zest and beat until smooth.
- 8Mix in the vanilla extract and spread on cooled cake.
- 9Hazelnut-Berry Version:
- 10Replace almond meal with hazelnut meal (hazelnuts ground into a fine powder), use vanilla extract instead of almond, use orange zest instead of lemon, and sprinkle the batter with 3/4 cup fresh mixed berries tossed with flour before baking.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Lemon Cake With Lemon Mascarpone Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.6
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 136.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: