Recipe by Rhonda O
Happy New Year! Legend has it that the person that gets the piece of cake with the almond will have Goodluck!This is a delicious cake! I love apricots.
Top Review by scancan
I love apricot jelly so I thought this would be a sure winner but the cake tasted funny with the jelly-like glaze on top. A regular cream frosting would be much nicer with this I think.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 package Pillsbury Plus yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 whole almonds
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 -3 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350Generously grease Bundt or 10 inch tube pan.
- Gently press 1/2 cup chopped Almonds into bottom and half way up sides of pan.
- In large bowl combine cake mix, 1/2 cup orange juice, water, oil, almond extract,& eggsBeat at low speed untill moist.
- Beat at high speed for 2 mins.
- Stir in whole almond carefully pour batter into prepared panBake at 350 for 30 to 45 mins.
- Cool upright in pan 10 mins.
- Invert onto serving plate.
- In small bowl combine all glaze ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Spoon over warm cake.
- Cool completely.