1 hr 30 mins
Sassy in da South's Note:
Easy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar with water, stirring, until melted and light brown.
- 3Pour into a 8 or 9 inch flan pan or cake mold, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- 4In a bowl, gently whisk together evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and almond extract, being careful not to incorporate any air into the mixture.
- 5Pour into prepared pan, and tap on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- 6Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel.
- 7Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- 8Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes, until set.
- 9Let cool completely.
- 10To unmold, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the flan onto a rimmed serving platter.
- 11Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Leche Flan
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 159.9 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 6.1 g