Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy and delicious.
Make and share this Almond Leche Flan recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar with water, stirring, until melted and light brown.
- Pour into a 8 or 9 inch flan pan or cake mold, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, gently whisk together evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks and almond extract, being careful not to incorporate any air into the mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan, and tap on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel.
- Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 to 50 minutes, until set.
- Let cool completely.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the flan onto a rimmed serving platter.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight before serving.