Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from the book "Fudge Cupcake Murder," a Hannah Swensen mystery by Joanne Fluke. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds good!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (3 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄8 cup molasses (2 Tbsp.)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (if you are using salted almonds, cut the salt to 1/2 tsp.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground almonds (measure after grinding)
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 13 ounces Hershey chocolate kisses
- Microwave the butter in your mixing bowl to melt it.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, almond extract and molasses.
- Stir until blended.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Grind up the almonds. Add them to the bowl and mix.
- Beat the eggs, then pour in and stir.
- Add the flour and mix all the ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Let dough firm up for a few minutes.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and arrange on a greased cookie sheet, 12 to a standard sheet.
- Cut the Hershey's kisses in half so that each has a point and a base. Press the halves in the middle of your cookie balls, cut side down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to finishe cooling.