Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 mins
My Valentine's Day indulgence.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitues)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- additional sugar
- 40 hershey's milk chocolate kisses with almonds, unwrapped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in egg and extract.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in additional sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center or each cookie.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cookies.
These are my favorite cookies! They are sorta petite w/that choc. chip on top and look like you could eat about 20 of them in one sitting!! The raspberry glaze is a nice pink over the sugar cookie and choc chip. They would be pretty served at a baby girl shower!