Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I own a small cafe, and I love to create new recipes. So, one day was looking to make something different, looked around in the kitchen to see what kind of ingredients I could use, thought of my all time favorite candy bar, and I said, why not.....the result was amazing!!!!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl beat the egg well. Add the milk, vegetable oil, sour cream, and vanilla and mix till smooth.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients lightly (do not over mix).
- Fold the chips, coconut and almonds into the mixture.
- Grease 6 jumbo muffin cups and fill them 3/4 full. (You can overfill if you want your muffins to be bigger).
- Top the muffins with a little coconut, chips and toasted almonds before baking.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes.