Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Flavors of almond, coconut and chocolate all mixed together in one delicious muffin. And it's gluten-free! Just try to stop yourself from eating the whole batch... This is a modified recipe from The Spunky Coconut website.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil, liquefied
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, liquefied
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In one bowl, mix the almond meal, brown rice flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In a second bowl, mix the coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla together. (If your coconut oil is solid, heat up some water on the stove then turn off the burner. Set the jar of coconut oil in the water until it liquefies. Or, alternately, you can set the jar on the oven while it's preheating and that may do the trick.).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and incorporate well. Then, mix in the chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the muffin tin - you can fill these fairly full as they won't rise very much - should make 12 full muffins. I sometimes add some shredded coconut to the top of the muffins before baking - delicious!
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown on top and cooked through.