Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My love of chocolate and my husband's of macaroons resulted in this cookie. An intense chocolate cookie topped with an almond coconut macaroon.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄3 cup condensed milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Beat butter, sugar and salt.
- Add cocoa, melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Add eggs and beat until creamy.
- Slowly add flour and blend only until combined.
- Chill in refrigerator several hours.
- Meanwhile combine macaroon ingredients by hand in a small bowl.
- Form dough into balls using a small cookie scoop or tablespoon and drop onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Flatten each ball with your thumb, leaving a depression in the center of each.
- Fill each depression with 1 tsp of macaroon.
- Bake at 350 F for 8-10 minutes, until cookies no longer look wet on top.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- When cookies are cool.
- Melt chocolate for drizzle.
- Add shortening and stir well.
- Drizzle over cookies.