Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I tweaked a chocolate chip recipe and came up with this soft, tasty treat. The almond flavor is relatively subtle, but still present.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and almond. Blend well.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
I made these exactly as posted. I did use the mini chocolate chips. These cookies are outstanding. I made a batch to give to a friend and had to make another batch for myself.