Recipe by SusieQusie
Found online somewhere that I don't remember so I can't give credit as appropriate. This is a decadent pie & very easy to prepare.
Top Review by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got my copy of this recipe from Recipe Of The Day. This sound yummy and is going in my cookbook to try. Thanks for posting. Christine (internetnut)
- 20 miniature Almond Joy bars, cut into pieces (place candy in freezer for for a few minutes for easier cutting)
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 miniature Almond Joy bars, cut into pieces (place candy in freezer for for a few minutes for easier cutting)
- whipped cream or Cool Whip, non-dairy topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mix is blended.
- Press onto bottom and up sides of a lightly buttered 9" pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool completely.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt.
- Blend in milk and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla and candy pieces, stirring till candy is melted.
- Pour filling into pie crust and press plastic wrap onto surface. Refrigerate until set.
- Top with whipped cream when ready to serve.