Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I'm slightly obsessed with Mounds and Almond Joy this week. I've been making tons of coconut, chocolate and almond recipes the last few days. So far, this one for gluten free Almond Joy Chocolate Bark is my family's favorite. I like the way the toasted coconut adds a tiny crunch to the bigger crunch of the almonds, all of it enrobed in delicious dark chocolate, of course. Go ahead and try some, see for yourself! http://www.elanaspantry.com/almond-joy-chocolate-bark/
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate, 73%
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened (toasted at 350 for 6-8 minutes)
- Melt chocolate over very low heat.
- Pour chocolate into a parchment lined 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Scatter almonds and 3 tablespoons of coconut over chocolate.
- Using a spatula spread the mixture evenly back and forth to ½ inch thickness.
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of coconut on top of mixture.
- Place bark in fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Break into square bars.
Made this for my boyfriend and he loved it.. said it was really good and was happy the recipe is going into my favorites for safe keeping.. thanks for a quick easy way to make a special treat..
This Almond Joy Bark was easy to make and tasty! I don't even like dark chocolate, but this combination was brilliant and I can't wait to make it again (though I will say that I did use unsweetened coconut, which probably helped a bit with the bitterness of the dark chocolate for me too). This was my first time making almond bark of any kind and toasting almonds/coconut as well, but the great methods you listed led to terrific results! Thank you so much for the great recipe! I'm sure I'll make it again soon!