Recipe by thecatergator
This is a candy that is very much like an Almond Joy candy bar. It is fairly easy with impressive results. I have been making these around Christmastime for over 20 years.
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened (1 cube,don't use butter)
- 1 cup chopped fine almonds or 1 cup walnuts
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (I use Ghiradelli apeels from a cake decorating shop)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine all ingredients except for chocolate in a medium size metal bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer for about 20 minutes to set up. Roll mixture into 3/4 inch balls and place balls on waxed paper. The balls should be firm and hold their shape.
- Take a toothpick and stick it in the center of each of the balls and then dip it into the melted chocolate in the double boiler. Let the excess chocolate drip back off into pan. Set chocolate covered candy onto open spot on waxed paper and pull out toothpick, leaving a small hole. You will need to smear chocolate with toothpick to cover the hole. Repeat with remaining balls.
- If you use apeels, then these should set up in just a couple minutes. If using meltd chocolate chips and parafin, you will want to place these in fridge to help set up.