Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a very simple recipe that tastes so good you'll want to hide them! I have made candy to sell at Christmas time off and on for the past 12 years and these are a must have! This is a very small batch and I am guessing the # you'll get because you can make them like a snack size almond joy or a half bar with 2 almonds, so the size is as you wish. I have made this times 4 the amount with out any problem . They keep very well in an airtight container in a cool place for 1 month.
- 1⁄3 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon almond extract (depends on how strong an almond flavor you wish)
- 12 almonds
- 5 ounces chocolate bark (you may need more to coat properly)
- Toast the almonds in the oven at 400°F just till they are warm and you can start to smell them (3-5 min); set aside.
- Bring the Karo to a boil and add the coconut, remove from heat and add extract.
- Place in fridge till firm.
- Form into 12 round balls or 6 ovals and place on waxed paper -- press 1 almond to each ball or 2 to each oval and chill for 1/2 hour. (You can play with the size of these, if you like more filling to less chocolate, make them bigger, you'll just get fewer).
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in a microwave being careful to stir often and not cook--just melt.
- Dip each candy into the chocolate; coat evenly and completely. No coconut should be exposed! Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet in the fridge till chocolate is set.
- Store in a airtight container.