1/2 Photos of Almond Joy Cake With Creamy Coconut Butter Frosting
Chocolate, Almond, & Coconut make up this 2 layer cake. One layers is the coconut layer and the other is chocolate almond. This is made for a crowd. You can make the whole cake or just each layer. If baking both cakes at once be sure to rotate them in the oven for even baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 ounce) package coconut pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut rum
chocolate almond layer
- 1 (18 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup almond liqueur (Disaronno)
- 1/8 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond liqueur
creamy coconut butter frosting
- 1Butter and dust with flour 2 9x13 pans.
- 2Combine the first 6 ingredients for the Coconut cake Layer in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 3Pour into 1 of the prepared pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 4Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 5Invert onto rack and brush 1/4 cup coconut rum over cooled cake.
- 6Let sit for 1 hour.
- 7Combine the first 6 ingredients for the Chocolate Almond cake Layer in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 8Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- 10Invert onto rack and brush 1/4 cup almond liqueur over cooled cake.
- 11Let sit for 1 hour.
- 12Meanwhile cream butter, salt, and extracts, beating until light and fluffy. Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition. Add milk, beating until smooth. Beat in additional milk until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- 13Frost cooled cake and garnish with toasted coconut!
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Joy Cake With Creamy Coconut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.7
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 472.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pistachio pudding mix