Recipe by dojemi
A delicious cake that tastes like my favorite candy bar. Servings are approximate depending on the size of the slices.
Top Review by handkmommy
This is truly an award winning recipe. I made this and won second place in a baking contest. I only made a minor change. I reserved about 3/4 cup of the coconut and toasted it and put it on the top. I also put extra toasted almond on the top as a garnishment. It is soooo good. I would also recommend poking holes all around the cake to let the sweet mixture seep in. That sent it over the edge in yumminess!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxdunkin hines devil's food cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 24 large marshmallows
- 1 (14 ounce) package coconut
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- sliced almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake chocolate cake in 13 x 9-inch pan as directed on box using the water, vegetqable oil and eggs that are listed in above ingredients.
- Combine the 1 cup evaporated milk and the sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Add coconut; pour over cake while both are hot.
- Melt together the remaining milk, butter and chocolate chips.
- Stir until melted and add 1 cup toasted almond slices.
- Pour on top of warm cake.
- NOTE: This is better if made the day before serving.