Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A nice Almond tofu dessert.
- 14 ounces angel food cake or 14 ounces vegan white cake, Premade
- 12 ounces soft silken tofu, SOFT
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond extract, to taste
- 8 ounces almond paste
- 2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- chocolate syrup, vegan for the Vegan option
- Tear angel food cake into 2X4 inch rectangles and put half of them in a 3 qt serving dish.
- Put tofu, sugar, almond extract, and paste in blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Pour half over cake pieces and top with remaining cake.
- Pour remaining mixture over cake and garnish with almonds and drizzle on the chocolate.
- Chill or serve immediately.
- Do you see that note up there? the one that says SOFT. The silken tofu must be soft. A firmer set such as medium to extra firm will not achieve the desired recipe.
- Note Vegans cannot use Angelfood cake. Use a Premade Vegan white based cake. Acceptable substitutes for the eggs in a cake mix will be something like Enger-G Egg Replacers. For the milk, soy milk, rice milk or Almond milk can be used in place of milk. Be aware that this will change the texture of the cake somewhat.
- A speciality baker should be able to make one also a health food store which offers baked goods should have one available. If you want to make your own, many of zaars recipes could be modified. A Search or ask in our Vegetarian forums will aid you.