Recipe by Missy Wombat
From Notebook February 2006. This recipe needs to be started at least 6 hours ahead or up to 1 day in advance.
Top Review by taxingwoman
Spectacular as a moulded jelly. I just plopped it onto a glass cake stand I found in a charity shop--then filled the centre with fruit. Everyone was bedazzled!! Thanks Missy.
- 59.14 ml caster sugar
- 35 g gelatin powder
- 3.69 ml almond essence
- 395 g sweetened condensed milk
- lychees or honeydews or rock melons or watermelon or peach, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar and 2 cups water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir throughout to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over and stir until dissolved. Stir in the almond essence, condensed milk and 3 cups of water until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a 19 x 29 cm slice tin and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight until set.
- Using a sharp knife, cut jelly into 2 cm cubes. Divide among bowls with fruits.